Minimalist Art Deco


Barry M Key Lime, Barry M Guava and Ciate Cream Soda
I've been wanting to try out the rest of the Summer Gelly shades from Barry M that I won as part of Superdrug's last nail art competition (with these nails).  I had already painted my Mummy's nails with Guava so I knew it looked great on the nail (especially with Barry M Confetti Effects in Sour Apple) and I already have Essie The More the Merrier, which is a similar lime colour, so I never got around to using these shades before but I'm really pleased with the results.

The colours contrast with each other but don't look like they shouldn't be together.  I added in the black line work to make it a little bit more graphic.  I think I really need to get some new stripers or brushes because I had to clean my brush several times because it kept getting tacky and the lines were becoming uneven and some random bumps appeared (see my middle finger) but the outlining makes the design look a bit art deco which is cool.

It's also my first time using Cream Soda from Ciate. It came with my Velvet Manicure set I received for entering a Money Smart Nail Art Competition.  It's a great mid-grey shade.  It's a bit sheer so at least three layers are needed.  


We are coming to the end of the summer, what will be your last summer mani?  Let me know what you think of these nails and how you are going to commemorate the end of the summer on your nails in the comments below, and by any other social network listed below.  See you next time :-)

Comments

  1. They look great, I love the Barry M Gelly Nail Polishes, but (shock horror!) I have never tried any Essie nail polishes, though that colour is gorgeous. I really like the effect given by simply outlining the different colours in black, it really makes the nails stand out!

    Ella xox

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!