(1) These two coral shades have a slight shimmer to them so are a perfect match for a fresher, more Spring-time look, perfect for a Valentine's breakfast or lunch.
(2) This classic red lipstick from Rimmel is perfectly matched with the orange red polish from the same brand. A red that suits both rosy and yellow-toned complexions, this combination is a winner for that pin-up, retro sort of look.
(3) For a bit of class, this jelly shade from Chanel is matched with this lip and cheek stain from theBalm for those who want to go for the retro dark lip in a more subtle way.
(4) This sparkly cherry red from O.P.I compliments Maybelline's cult beauty favourite which offers just that little bit of colour and moisture for those who are all about the nails and not the lips.
(5) If you're looking for a darker, more gothic take on the traditional Valentine's Day palette, then these dark berry shades are for you. The matte finish of the lip lacquer from Rimmel adds to the vampy look.
(6) These two pretty pink products are perfect for a day time Valentine's date or if you just want to add a bit of holiday fun to your day to day look on Friday. The matte finish of the lipstick may make your lips look a bit dry so make sure you use plenty of lip balm and scrub those lips before use!
And here are some swatches for you guys (on my big pale arm LOL)
L-R: Models Own Coral Kiss, Rimmel In Love With Ginger, theBalm Staniac, Maybelline Baby Lips Cherry Me, Rimmel Apocalips Eclipse, Rimmel Kate Moss Matte 101
All of these colours were pulled from my own collection so they are probably more geared towards fairer/pink toned skin but shades like Coral Kiss and In Love With Ginger would work on yellow toned skin as well. This is my first go at swatching so I apologize for the unevenness of them but I was in a bit of a rush. If you'd like to see more general beauty posts from me, please let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow me through the sites below, until next time :-)