Blogger's First Face Mask! With Lush BB Seaweed

I feel like it's an initiation rite of a proper beauty blogger to post about a face mask on their blog and here I am documenting my first ever face mask experience!  For someone who talks so much about cosmetics, I am incredibly inexperienced in some respects.  I've NEVER had a professional manicure, I don't own a blow dryer or straighteners (though I do own 2 pairs of tongs and a curling wand) and I've never used a face mask, be it in a salon or at home so when I was offered one in work, I thought, why not?!




From Lush's website -
'A calming fresh face mask with fresh seaweed, ground almonds, rose absolute and aloe vera to soothe and soften the skin. We also use rosemary oil for its regenerative qualities, kaolin to remove any excess dirt or oil, and millet flakes to gently exfoliate away dead skin as you scrub it off. To use, smoothe a generous layer of this mask onto your face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes.'

Since this was my very first face mask, I was a bit scared in case I took a reaction or that I broke out after using it but once I cleaned the mask off my face 10 minutes after I applied it, my face did feel a lot fresher and cleaner.  I think this is a great product for those who want to try a general face mask.  I don't have severely sensitive skin but I try to use products that are gentler on my skin any way (like Simple) and this did not aggravate my skin.  My skin is combination/oily in parts for reference so I can't speak about how this mask will react with dryer skin but it didn't dry mine out or cause it to become too oily.


I liked the experience of using a face mask and might do it more often when I feel like my skin is getting a bit clogged up and dirty.  Especially during the summer months, I feel like face is just clogged up to high heavens and no amount of cleanser and exfoliation helps it so I think I might work a face mask into my summer skin routine maybe once a week.  BB Seaweed is a good all round face mask and is £6.25 for 75g.  It's a fresh face mask so it's meant to be kept in the fridge and the slight coldness of the mask is really refreshing.

Have you tried a fresh face mask before?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow me by the sites below, until next time :-)


Comments

  1. I love LUSH masks, but haven't tried this one before! I'll have to put it on my list after this thorough review. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!