Record Store Day 2014 & Easter Nails!

So this weekend is chockerblocked with activity isn't it?!  Of course, it's Easter today (Happy Easter today for all those who celebrate!) and also, it was Record Store Day yesterday.

So since it was RSD yesterday and Easter today, I was flummoxed as to what I could do on my nails since I had to decide between album artwork or something Easter themed.  I went through my record collection to look for inspiration and came across artwork that featured an egg!  Hence I give you my nail art inspired by The Black Keys, Magic Potion!

 Barry M Grape, Gold Foil, Raspberry, Black and Models Own White Light
tumblr | instagram | bloglovin' | twitter | facebook

I went a bit heavy on the black detailing but I love the luxe effect of the guilding and gems.  Here's the original artwork;


For those who aren't familiar, Record Store Day is a day that celebrates independent record stores with loads of musical artists, big and small, released limited edition content on vinyl, CD and cassette.  Since I got my record player a few years back, I always try to pick up something on the day and this year I turned up to my favourite record shop, Head, with my list of everything I wanted.  Most of the stuff was already sold out (I was working until 1pm :( ) BUT I did pick up this cool MØ cover of Say You'll Be There by the Spice Girls.




Some people might not get the whole appeal behind vinyl when digital downloads are so convenient.  Yes, I own an iPod and listen to Spotify but there's nothing like putting on a record and hearing the music come from a physical object.  I think it's pretty cool but let's be honest, I'm a hipster without the thick rimmed glasses, I was taking pictures with my film SLR yesterday for flip sake LOL.

So I hope you all have a lovely Easter holiday and don't eat too much chocolate and other lovely stuff!  Until next time :-)

Comments