O.P.I Beach Sandies (Brazil Collection) Review

So my Mummy and Daddy went on their hollipops a few weeks ago and she asked me what I wanted from an OPI stand in the airport and I said 'Anything from the Brazil collection' and here's what I got!  I've never tried any of the Liquid Sand polishes before (although I do have textured polishes from the likes of Barry M) so I was interested to see what they were like so let's get to it!

All swatches are done with no top coat to give the full textured effect of the polishes.











You're So Flippy Floppy - This is a bright sunshine yellow polish with a golden shimmer to it.  It dries to a semi-matte finish and I found it was the least matte of all of the polishes.  I needed three coats of You're So Flippy Floppy to get an opaque finish but that's usually the case for lighter colours like yellows.  Personally, I like the colour in general but it just does not look nice with my skin tone, I think this would be perfect on warmer skin tones.


Samba-dy Loves Purple - One of the more matte shades from the collection, Samba-dy Loves Purple is the transition shade you can wear from Summer to Autumn/Winter I feel.  Only needing two coats, I think this would suit a multitude of skin tones and can add a bit of sparkle to the simplest ensembles.


What's A Little Rain Forest? - How much do I love this colour?  THIS MUCH!  I honestly can't resist any sort of turquoise or aqua blue these days and this textured lovely is no exception!  It only needed two coats to be fully opaque and has a great silvery shimmer to it.  I'd say this had the mattest finish of the four polishes.


I'm Brazil Nuts Over You - A gorgeous coral red shade (described as pink on the packaging but I don't get it), this is just one of those summer shades you want to get out of your drawers year after year.  This is two coats with no top coat like the previous two swatches and this most definitely comes a close second for being my favourite shade from the collection.  I'd love to have a creme polish this shade (I think Live.Love.Carnival from the main Brazil collection is quite similar, I do love a coral!)

All in all, I like this collection of polishes.  They're only available as mini polishes which I know is a bone of contention for many Liquid Sand fans out there but for people like me who only dip their toe into the textured polish world once in a blue moon, having mini versions of the polishes means you feel you aren't going to take too long using the product and that it will in the end be finished.  I like the OPI minis because their brushes are still pretty wide but it can be a bit fiddly with those little bottles.

Which shade is your favourite?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to follow all of my social media sites below.  I'm really close to hitting a few milestones across my sites and I'd love to do a giveaway to celebrate!  Until next time :-)



Comments