Burberry Prorsum SS15 Inspired Nail Art

So London Fashion Week took over my social media feeds these past few days and of course, having been a little bit uninspired lately, I took to Vogue to check out all of the collections on offer and as I watched the stream of Burberry's show, I knew I hit a goldmine of nailspiration.  There's plenty more nail art to come from LFW from other designers but let's get cracking with this inspired look.




Barry M Meadow, Color Club Wild Cactus, American Apparel Hunter, Sinful Colors Snow Me White and Barry M Black

The inspiration behind Burberry's latest collection comes from vintage book covers and the flowers and insects that make up a British summer.  I loved the graphic nature of the some of the prints and that the colour palette of the collection was almost more appropriate for an Autumn/Winter show but the lightness of the materials used in the clothes (such as chiffon) and the way colour was ombred and layered made some of the heavier shades seem lighter and more fitting of the Summer.

I loved A LOT of looks from the show but I was particularly drawn to this green dress where gorgeous shades blend together almost like watercolours.  


I used Barry M's Meadow from their Silk collection to add a bit of luxe and lightness to the manicure and then layered other shades of green on top using the watercolour method.  I'm not sure who invented it first but I just added a dot or two of a colour, let it get a bit tacky, add a drop of acetone and let it spread.  It's one of those techniques that makes such a visual impact without a lot of time and effort.  I just kept adding different colours until I was happy and then added the graphic white and black to break up the pattern and bring in aspects of the fabulous text work featured on the trademark Burberry trenches and accessories in the collection.  I used two different brushes for this and then sealed everything in with top coat.


I love that Burberry have also incorporated nail polish (as well as the other beauty items used in the show) into their collection online and you can buy special gift sets of polish that feature the colours from the colour story of the collection.


So did any collections from LFW catch your eye and inspire some nail art? I'd love to see and let me know if you'd like me to interpret any other looks for you, I love getting ideas from you guys.  Be sure to be following me on all the social media below, until next time :D


Images copyright of Vogue and Burberry

Comments