Adventure Time Nail Art

Yeah so the saying 'long time no see' is very much apt right now.  If you guys follow me on instagram or twitter (which you totally should) you'd know that I've been bogged down with training, symposiums, differentiation and my dog has been really unwell these past two, two and a half weeks so blogging kind of took a back seat but I kind of liked taking an extended break.  I've been feeling a bit uninspired of late (still kinda am) so its been nice to really pressure myself into posting for posting sake.  I'm not going to promise this is me back to my twice weekly schedule but lets hope it's the start of more regular posts.  Of course, I'm really open to suggestions for what you would like to see on the blog so please don't hesitate to let me know, now, onto the actual nail art!

I've wanted to do Adventure Time nails for the LONGEST time, I think ever since I saw Chalkboard Nails' manicure featuring our fave characters from the Land of Ooo but this week provided the perfect excuse because Ryan's Bar is hosting an Adventure Time pub quiz tonight (30th June) so if there was ever an appropriate time for these nails, it would be now.

To all those out there crying 'but what is Adventure Time', oh how you haven't lived!  Adventure Time is *technically* a children's cartoon on Cartoon Network but is extremely popular amongst teens and adults due to its subversive humour and at times quite existential stories.  There are three series up on Netflix at the moment so I would really recommend checking it out.  Each episode is only 11 minutes long so you can really blast through them all.

Going through all the characters, my index finger is Jake the Dog, my middle finger is Princess Bubblegum, my ring finger is Finn the human and my little finger is Lumpy Space Princess.  My thumb nail (which broke really short, hence the dodgy clean up on the tip) is Marceline.  I used A LOT of polishes for this look and they were mainly Models Own, Barry M or American Apparel shades.

So I hope you've enjoyed this brief but what I hope is a fun post.  Like I said before, I'm not promising that this is the start of more regular posts but I hope it is.  Be sure to comment below and follow me on all the social media sites, until next time :)


Comments

  1. Ahhh I absolutely love these! I think you got them spot on :)

    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you! I feel like Adventure Time nails have been done so many times by great bloggers that I was afraid they wouldn't stack up but I'm just glad that they are recognisable LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!