How I'm Getting My Creative Groove Back


I think everyone in this world is no stranger to feeling frustrated when you just can't seem to come up with new ideas or you just sit in front of the computer and that cursor just keeps on blinking and blinking with no words appearing on the page.  I make no secret when I come up against creative blocks.  Sometimes I don't blog for weeks, not that I don't try but any time I try to post or create a new look, it just never seems quite right.

I used to beat myself up about it, not posting regularly meant that people were not seeing more of my blog, brands might not be as interested in working with me and overall my blog growth would just stagnate.  Getting too stuck on numbers and "success" meant that I was losing focus on what was really important; blog content.  I seemed to lose the passion and love that first started this blog.  It all became too much of a process and not enough of a creative outlet.  When I came to this realisation, it made me take a step back and re-evaluate what it is I want my blog to be.

I decided to give my blog a facelift.  I bought a new layout, redid my banner and logo and it felt like a breath of fresh air.  I try not to focus on the numbers so much and whilst I still jump for joy when I reach a milestone figure, it's not the be all and end all.  In a sea of what seems like an infinite amount of beauty and nail bloggers, my little corner of the internet is a tiny insignificant spec and I'm lucky enough to have you guys interested enough to read my drabble.

I also try not to pressure myself to post.  I've come up with a schedule of sorts.  I try and get my content created during the weekend, meaning when I come home from uni/work, I don't have to worry about posting or creating last minute nail art.  Now, I by no means stick to this (this post is an example, I'm writing this on a Wednesday night after The Apprentice) but if I don't meat my Monday and Thursday targets, well, I get a little down (I want you guys to have consistency) but I don't get too worked up because I'd rather prioritize quality over quantity.

Now, why do I have a rather dodgy drawing of Tiny Fey/Liz Lemon up top?  Well its because I've rediscovered my love for drawing and this has definitely helped get the creative juices flowing.  I've also just started 30 Rock (I know, legit too late for the party) and have been listening to Bossypants so I'm feeling all of the Tina Fey love lately.

This post is a bit different to the usual stuff I post but its just nice to vent sometimes and it is my blog, so there's no better place for it.  I'll be back with regularly scheduled nail posts next week.  I asked over on instagram what sort of Halloween nails you guys would like to see so let me know below what you'd like to see, until next time :-)


Comments