MAC Very Important Poodle from the Haute Dogs Collection

So my lovely friend Emma got me a gift card for MAC for my birthday.  I hottailed it to my local MAC counter and picked up a lipstick (which will be up on the blog soon) and a polish.  I chose Very Important Poodle from the limited edition Haute Dogs collection because its a shade I don't really have in my collection.  I have plenty of nudes and neutrals but Very Important Poodle is a rich camel shade that just exudes sophistication.


Since Haute Dogs is MAC's autumn collection, Very Important Poodle is one of those autumnal shades that'll suit most skin tones and will be something that is a little different than the conventional nude or neutral shade.

I only needed two coats of the polish to get full opacity but I did add a top coat to get an extra glossy finish.  In terms of nail art, I wanted to keep it relatively simple and classy so to fit with the dog theme, I did some dalmatian print on both ring fingers.  I did this with black nail polish and a detail brush.


While nail polish isn't the first product you think of when you go to a MAC counter, I've always enjoyed using them and found them to be of good quality.  At £10, they are not the cheapest of options but if you fancy splurging on a MAC product but want to change it up from the usual lipstick or eyeshadows, then maybe venture into the world of MAC nail polish.

Do you own any MAC nail polish?  Let me know in the comments below and be sure to like, subscribe and follow my social media sites, there might be a giveaway coming up soon...until next time :)

Comments