First Impressions...Make-Up Atelier Paris*

Make-Up Atelier Paris is one of those brands I recognized from the kits of the make-up artists on different Extra jobs. The brand can be found in Paddy McGurgan's Make-up Pro Store in Belfast city centre, as well as Make-Up Atelier Paris' website. They were kind enough to send me a tailored package best suited to the preferences I sent them by email and the parcel didn't disappoint!


Included in my parcel was waterproof gel liner, concealer, pearl powder, foundation, liquid lipstick, eyeliner pen and an eyeshadow palette. With these products I hope to play around with both casual and dressy looks. I had hoped to photograph my tests of the products but anyone who lives here knows that the weather has been terrible so the lighting is really bad. Last Sunday we had a brief spell of sunshine which meant I could photograph the products but by the time I sat down and finished my face, it was SO DULL so no pics BUT I do have one of just my face after I applied the foundation and concealer.


When I'm sent foundation to sample, it's always too dark so I was really pleased when I was asked what shades I usually wear so I could be matched. I just said send me the palest you have but I did get more specific, mentioning my love for Rimmel's Lasting Finish in Porcelain and YSL Fusion Ink foundation in B10. I was sent the shade FLW1A Clear Apricot in the Waterproof Liquid Foundation.

When I first saw the foundation, I was a little frightened because when compared to my other foundations, it looked a fair bit darker. What I did to counteract this fear was to only use a little at a time and buff the foundation into my skin. The foundation is nearly full coverage but because I'm only using a little at first then building coverage up where I need it (the middle of my face) I got that full coverage look without looking too painted towards the edges of my face. I'm not usually one for full coverage but when you're having a bad skin day (like I was this day), then this is the ticket. It didn't feel too heavy on the skin but the coverage was there. It's all down to getting a good buffer into the skin methinks. The Waterproof Liquid Foundation is available from the Make-Up Atelier Paris website and the Make-Up Pro Store for £22.00.

I also used the Waterproof Liquid Concealer in the matching FLW1A shade. Again, it looked a bit darker than my normal products in the tube so I initially just applied small dots under my eyes. The shade is quite salmon-y so I thought that although it is dark, the warm, salmon tones would help counteract the heinous dark circles under my eyes. As you can see, my dark circles aren't as offensive than they are in their natural state. I tried the concealer on one spot at the side of my face but the shade was far too dark for blemishes. While it may not be able to help me during a hormonal breakout, the Make-Up Atelier Paris Waterproof Liquid Concealer acts as a great colour corrector for my tired eyes. The Waterproof Liquid Concealer is available from the Make-Up Atelier Paris website and the Make-Up Pro Store for £12.50.


Make sure you follow me on Instagram to be kept updated on how I get on with the Make-Up Atelier Paris products. I'll post one round up post about all the products once I try them all out but if you want to see and read about it first, it's all about that instagram!

Have you any looks in mind that might be accomplished with these products? Let me know in the comments below and be sure to like, subscribe and follow my social media on the links to the side, until next time :)

Comments