Inspired by...the Monkis

I've been having a bit of a love affair with the Swedish shop Monki of late. A part of the Hennes & Mauritz group, Monki is the cool, younger sibling of H&M, & other stories and COS. It has a great mix of zany, fun patterned clothes and simple, oversized Scandi-style staples. I've been trying to refine my wardrobe a bit these past few months and I am becoming more and more of a fan of the looser, simplistic Scandi style. My trips to Copenhagen kind of cemented the fact that I should perhaps spend a little more money on those core items that will last me a long while, rather than frittering away money on trend-driven pieces which may only last a season or two. This is why you'll not see very much seventies-style or nineties throwbacks on my instagram. While I may be taking a more simplistic approach to my clothing choices (accessories are NOT included in this approach), that doesn't mean that Monki doesn't know how to have fun. This blog post's nail art is celebrating Monki and its cute Monkis.


Monkis are the cute little plush characters you can purchase from Monki. Going from thumb to little finger, I've got Oki, Imoo, Mocki, Kimomo and Nokimo.

I did this all freehand (as you can clearly see!) with the one brush and a dotter. I really need to get back into the freehand nail art game and get some new brushes because this manicure was a struggle! I knew what I wanted to do and I thought it would be pretty easy and straight forward but that was not the case! Gloopy white and black polishes will be the bane of my life, new ones will be purchased tomorrow and kept in the fridge LOL

Do you like Monki? What's your favourite shop at the moment? Let me know in the comments below, until next time :)

Comments

  1. These nails are adorable I love them!!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!