Tropical Nail Art featuring Barry M Coconut Infusion Polishes*

If you follow me on Instagram (which you really should because I post nail art on there that doesn't make it on the blog!) you'll know that at the end of last week I got a delightful package from Barry M with their latest polish innovation, Coconut Infusion. These polishes contain a blend of coconut water and coconut oil that will apparently hydrate and nourish the nail. Enriched with vitamin B & C, along with anti-oxidant qualities, these polishes promise to also strengthen the nail with a smooth, gel-like finish.

Now, I haven't been wearing the polish for long enough to really make an assessment of these properties but in this post I can give you a quick overview of their formulas, as well as seeing them in action in some tropical themed nail art. I'll have swatches of the nude shades of the collection up soon so keep your eyes peeled for those but let's have a look at the more colourful shades from the collection.


For the base colours of the nails, I alternated Laguna, a pale periwinkle blue, and Surfboard, a lilac purple. I needed three coats of each to get full opacity. The Coconut Infusion polishes feature the wide brush which seems to be a regular feature of all new Barry M polishes. I like it because my nails are quite wide and long so they make short work of it. Perhaps it's due to the coconut oil and water infusion but I found the formula to sit between the normal nail paint formula and the gelly formula. Not exactly thin but not gel-thick either. Since these shades are quite pale across the board, with the exception of Flamingo, a bright coral and Aloha, a raspberry pink, the thinner formula compared to the Gellys could be down to their colour as well..


I used a fine brush with Bikini, a mint green, to paint leaves and fronds decorate the edges. Once done, I began to draw outlines of flowers with Flamingo using the same fine brush, mixing up the placement of flowers between nails. Switching to Aloha, I begin to outline flowers around the nails. I watered down some of the polish and then with a slightly larger brush began to fill in the pink flowers. Once filled, I placed spots of Surfboard in the pink flowers, like pollen or seeds. Finally, I filled in a few of the gaps around the nails with some more of Bikini. The design is easy, busy and maybe just a little bit tacky but it's kind of perfect for going on your holipops or just getting into the summer mood.

Barry M Coconut Infusion polishes are now available from the Barry M website, Boots and Superdrug and are priced at £4.99 each.

I hope you liked this post. I know posts on here are becoming more and more sporadic, and for that I apologize. I still love to do my nails and show them off to you guys but sometimes, I'm just not motivated enough to write up about them. Motivation is becoming something a bit allusive in all areas of my life of late but hopefully this will change. I'd love to start writing and trying some new things to maybe reinvigorate Flails and Nails, be it on the blog or every where in general. Be sure to like, follow, and subscribe to my social media sites on the side, Until next time :)

Comments

  1. These are gorgeous, I was thinking the other day about what nail art I could do by using the Coconut range and these have inspired me. Love them
    Vicky
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love any sort of tropical floral nail art so I thought it was a natural fit ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any sort of tropical floral nail art so I thought it was a natural fit ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!