Deco IT! Nail Decal Review*

A few weeks ago, I received a delightful parcel from iZ Beauty of London, filled with a variety of nail decals. Since I'm usually one for hand-drawn nail art, I don't have all that much experience with decals but I can see how they are a great option for someone not very confident or who couldn't be arsed with nail art (like me some of the time LOL).


I had so much choice but I went for the steampunk set because I really fancied using a metallic base. For reference, I used Crabtree & Evelyn Copper.



My experience with the decals was mixed. I used tweezers to take the decals off the sheet but you really need a delicate touch. There were a few instances where I damaged the decals too much to use them. It takes a few goes but with the right angle of approach and taking your time, you can lift the decals easily enough and apply them on the nail.


Now you can probably tell by the picture that my placement of the decals is not ideal. This was my first attempt at using the decals. I felt a bit rushed putting them on my nails for whatever reason so I kind of just plonked them on. I like the effect they have and they definitely sit on the nail a little more seamlessly than other sticker-like nail decals I've tried in the past. Saying that, they're not perfect but I do think this has a lot to do with my personal application of the products.


I tried out the decals a few more times (you would have seen on my Insta) and I can confirm my application and their effect on the nail got better. In terms of wear and lasting power, with a layer of top coat to secure them down, they last about 4 days before they start to lift. In terms of removal, they can be a bit tricky. Think of glitter polish. I had to sit with cotton wool soaked in nail polish remover for a few minutes then swiped the polish and decals off.

You can pick up the iZ Beauty of London Deco It decals from their website here. Let me know what you think of the decals. Would you try them yourself?


Comments

  1. After having received a set of IZ decals in this months MeeBox I can see why people love them. The images are gorgeous and they're so detailed for their size. However I always experience outlines like you have in the first image and that puts me off using them.
    Your mani's here are lovely though and I love that steampunk design.
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear other people's experiences with the products. I did notice a bit of an improvement in application after a few goes but you're right, you still get that visible outline no matter what.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love any and all comments on my blog...except spam, no one likes that, so don't be that guy!