Pantone 'Radiant Orchid' Week - Flashing Lilac


Here is number two of my picks for the best nail polishes that represent Pantone's Colour of the Year 2014 'Radiant Orchid'.  I kept the nail art on these nails quite subtle and small in scale so that the colour was the star of the show because this is a stunning shade.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Flashing Lilac

Flashing Lilac is a warm lilac, bordering on pink as it is a very bright and neon polish.  It is very sheer so I would advise using a coat or two of white as a base then applying Flashing Lilac for a more opaque finish.  My swatches are of four coats of the polish by itself so with the white underneath, the colour would only become more vivid.


Flashing Lilac is a great way of doing Radiant Orchid in the summer or for a night out as it really is a POP colour.  The wide brush of the polish makes application relatively easy but like I said before, if you are looking for a quick colour for a manicure, this is not it as you do need to apply several layers.  This polish would be great for jelly sandwich manicures as it is so sheer.


The nail art design is just some animal print done using the Barry M Nail Art Pen in Pink.  The thumb has the pattern around the side and bottom of the nail and the fingers have half chevrons of the pattern.  I did a manicure like this a while ago using a nude base and black nail art pen, you can see it on my instagram.  Like I said in my introduction, I wanted to do some nail art that was subtle so that the colour of the polish would be the main focus and this Barry M pen in pink was the perfect compliment to the neon lilac of the base colour.  Everything was sealed in with a coat of top coat.


So if you're looking for a more vibrant and fun way of wearing Radiant Orchid this year, check out Flashing Lilac, which is a part of L'Oreal Paris Color Riche's Neon Pop collection (and should still be available to buy in shops).

Have you worn Radiant Orchid on your finger tips yet?  Let me know in the comments below and make sure you follow me on tumblrinstagrambloglovin'twitter, facebook or subscribe to the mailing list --->  Until next time :-)

Comments